About Me

My photo
Los Gallardos, Almeria, Spain
Hi all, I'm a writer of a certain age and living in Spain. I'm Irish, with an English husband and four children + two grandchildren. Finished my first novel, ebook and paperback published and available. And in the middle of second novel with third in my head, this time a little foray into the land of UK ex-pats and a comedy I hope.

Friday, June 1, 2012

My First Blog

I'm a writer - my first book (2nd edit) called Just One Year has now been published to Amazon/Kindle/Smashwords.  The e-book edition is available but the paperback version is now wending its way over here to Spain for proofing. It all seemed so simple and really I suppose it is, with now a greater amount of experience, and I bet we'll publish my next book in minutes!  But the learning curve is very steep and if there was a mistake to be made me and the other half made it.   I updated the book recently and had a professional cover designed and we have just re-published.  The writing and the publishing at least were targets we could reach from our own work, but if publishing the book was an unknown then marketing it is a little like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and if any of you out there has found a sure fire way to successfully market then I'd be grateful to tap into your knowledge.

Have any of you felt the way I do - I just want to write but instead I'm having to become a wizard on the techie bits.  Nah, I'll leave all that to the OH.  Please just let me write!

Colette

http://www.colettesmith.weebly.com/

No comments: